The Leo Kelly Scholarship is designed to benefit and assist the students of Largy College, Clones. This Scholarship will provide financial support to students wishing to attend level 7 and 8 college / university courses. One student will be selected each year for the award.
The merits and eligibility of candidates will be assessed using several criteria, including:
1. the interest, ability and potential of the candidate to study their chosen field;
2. the degree of motivation, initiative and independence of thought of the student;
3. the candidate’s commitment to benefit from third-level education and to complete the course of study successfully;
4. the existence and severity of any disadvantages or barriers which may prevent or impede the candidate from their chosen field; and
5. the candidate’s personal statements will have a bearing on their likelihood of success.
The onus is on the candidate in completing the Application Form, particularly the personal statements, to demonstrate the degree to which he/she meets these criteria.
The scholarship will consist of €2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Euros) being awarded for each year of academic study (details of how this payment will be made will be set out in the Scholarship Offer) and the amount awarded will continue for each of the succeeding three or four years of attendance, as applicable, subject to certification by the relevant third level institute of the candidate’s satisfactory performance, including examinations, for each academic year. No scholarship amount will be paid for any academic year that is repeated other than in exceptional circumstances.
The exact conditions governing the scholarship will be outlined in detail to the successful candidates at the time the offer is made.
Application forms will be made available to students shortly, closing date for receipt of completed applications will be Friday 1st March 2019. Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Principal.