CIVIC SOCIAL AND POLITICAL EDUCATION
Ms G Lyons
Ms L Sullivan
Ms E Smith
Ms S Cumiskey
Ms C Martin
Civic, Social and Political Education aims to:
- Develop active citizens with a sense of belonging. Students will only choose to become active participants in their communities if they feel a sense of attachment to them. Social inclusion and matters of identity and values are addressed in CSPE.
- Give students an ability and confidence to participate in democratic society.
- Develops the autonomous potential of students as socially literate, independentand self-confident young people.
- Encourage students to apply positive attitudes, imagination and empathy inlearning about, and encountering, other people and cultures.
- Enable students to develop their critical and moral faculties in agreement witha system of values based in human rights and social responsibilities.
- Social Science
- Youth Work
- Community Development
- Human Rights
- Non Governmental Organisations